Sunday, April 27, 2008

Saturday Slugfest - Sunday Snorefest

Saturday: Twins 12 - Rangers 6
Sunday: Twins 0 - Rangers 10

Since Saturday's game was more fun, I'll talk about it first. Too bad I didn't see much of it, and didn't hear any of it. I was visiting friends, and they had the TV on in the corner for me, but it was muted. The score was 5 - 2 Rangers when I sneered and opened another beer. Then, every time I looked up, there was someone in a blue jersey missing, booting, or otherwise duffing a ball. That was fun.



I also saw Cuddy's homer. Nice work, sweetie.


Ahem, now today's game. Yeah, not as much fun. Is it time to start worrying about Livan? Is he beginning to remind anyone of another pitcher who looked good at first, but then wound up getting released (hint hint Ramon Ortiz)? Let's hope not; perhaps I'm just being premature.


And finally, the "Kids Are Great" moment of the game
: I think they have microphones pointing at the crowd during the broadcasts to get the "at the ballpark" feel on TV. Well, the microphone must have been pointing at some kids today, because I could hear them really clearly. For the most part, they were cheering for their team like you would expect - "Let's go [whoever's at bat]", or "Let's go Rangers", etc. But I totally laughed my head off when, while Livan was struggling, I heard them shout, "We want a pitcher, not a belly-itcher!" Me too, kids, me too. I don't know why I thought it was so funny - I guess it reminded me of "Little Big League".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the Twins don't have such sloppy defense. I know they have their days but I can't imgaine having to see that day in and day out.

**Becca**