Sunday, April 13, 2008

Royal Weekend

Twins 1 - Royals 5
Twins take series 2 - 1


Liriano's return was exactly as I expected because, well, I didn't expect much. Some will say it was a success; some will say he needed more time in the minors. I'm willing to be patient. I think it's fine that he's up with the major league team; he may as well get his work in here. But it's unreasonable to expect that he'll be back to his old self just yet. It'll take time for him to work up to that level. We, and he, need to be patient. And that's ok by me.


On the other hand, Boof and Livan have been surprisingly fun to watch. I was happy that Boof finally got the run support yesterday to win. Keep it up, guys.


I feel bad that I professed my admiration of the Twins cool stocking caps. They've had to wear them so often lately, I'm sure they're tired of it. And they probably won't be able to get rid of them in Detroit. It looks like it's supposed to be chilly the next couple of evenings.


And finally, the "Fall Down, Turn Around, Get the Ball and Throw" moment of the weekend
(from Saturday's game): That play where Everett hit the ball into Tomko's leg, and then Tomko backhanded it to Gload, who did a bellyflop to catch it to get the out was just crazy. Sometimes the other team makes fun plays too I guess.

I didn't really find anything "moment-worthy" from today's game, but I was kind of doing a bunch of other things while the game was on, so I wasn't giving it my undivided attention.

No comments: