Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Earth Day in Oakland

Twins 5 - Oakland 4

The Twins traveled to sunny California to celebrate Earth Day by facing a Green Team. Luckily, Craig Monroe realized as he stepped up to the plate for his first at-bat that the A's aren't really a Green Team, but merely a team that happens to wear green. Big difference. I think the ugly white shoes tipped him off. He showed his distaste for the posers by going 3 for 4 and driving in 3. Nice work, Craig.



Dear Go-Go,
Honey, going for the Golden Sombrero is no caliente. In fact, it is muy feo. Please avoid doing that in the future. Thanks.
Golden Sombrero

Reasons I dislike playing Oakland:

  • The games are usually on after my bed time. When one is my age, one needs as much beauty sleep as one can get.

  • Those blasted aforementioned white shoes. They look especially ridiculous on the players who wear tall socks because the socks are dark green. And I normally love tall socks.

  • The people in the stands with the annoying horns. I know many stadiums have fans with horns, but Oakland is the only place where it bugs me so much. And I noticed a new wrinkle last night -- fans with whistles.

  • Dick-n-Bert go on and on and on about the amount of foul territory there. WE KNOW!


They have the "Ode to Joy" commercial on the Twins website now (thanks Krissy for the heads-up). I've seen it at least 25 times, and I still think it's the most hilarious thing ever. Love it, love it, love it.

And finally, the "I got it, I got it, I got it, I ain't got it" moments of the game: How many bloop hits did the Twins get in front of Oakland's outfield -- three or four? I know they got one in front of Go-Go that he overran, but I felt much better about it when they were doing the same thing with much more regularity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those shoes are so annoyingly ugly.

Which, I guess is fitting, because they match their faces

The whistles really were distracting. I hope that never catches on in Minneapolis.