Sunday, May 25, 2008

Weekend Away

Friday: Twins 9 - Tigers 4
Saturday: [Hmm. I can't seem to remember. It's as if it's been blocked from my memory. I probably have some post-traumatic thing going on.]
Sunday: Twins 6 - Tigers 1
Twins take series 2 - 1

I have a moment of quiet time, so I thought I'd check in quickly. The bummer part of going to the lake with approximately 157 relatives (not quite, it just sounds like it) is that I don't usually get to sit and watch the Twins games. Luckily this time, I did get to watch most of the games. Except for Saturday's; I decided that going on a leisurely boat ride was waaaay more fun than whatever it was the Twins were doing. However, when I do get to watch the games, I absolutely must have the TV muted because of all the commotion. These are times that make me grateful that FSN puts score thingy at the top of the screen so I always know what's going on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good job Kubes on hitting that grand slam on your birthday. You deserve cake for that. In fact, I propose that all Twins hitters should drive in at least four runs (because it's not always possible to get a grand slam, what with depending on the batters ahead of you to get on all at the same time and all) on their birthday before they get cake. Those with off-season birthdays have to get half that on their half-birthday for half a cake. Pitchers must pitch complete game wins to earn their cake. I'm just saying that if everyone just did their part on their birthdays, there would be a lot more wins.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And finally, this is what I'm looking at right now:


Nice, huh?

No comments: