Sunday, May 11, 2008

I'm Baa-ack!

Twins 9 - Sox of the Red 8

Miss me? I guess I have some catching up to do. I'm also watching the game as I write this, so I'll be flip-flopping between my thoughts of the past week with my thoughts of the game. Forgive me if I'm confusing.



First of all, Happy Mother's Day! If you're a mom, I hope you enjoyed your day. If you're not a mom, I hoped you hugged a mom.

To my mom: Love you. Sorry I didn't actually hug you today. I told the cat to hug you for me; I hope she did.




Top first: Hey Eeyore, nice job striking out Youkilis and Lowell. *grin*


Speaking of Mother's Day, mine was very nice. My kids gave me a really cool Twins shirt. I think they've got me pretty well figured out.


Tuesday's game: Gavin Floyd nearly no-hit the Twins. That must've been ugly. Thank goodness for Joey to break that up for us.


Bottom second: Nice jack, Craig. *woot* Hey, has anyone come up with a good nickname for him yet?
Seriously? Adam "Adam" Everett hit a homer? Cool.


Wednesday's game: Go-Go hits for the cycle. I loved that. And I also loved reading his quotes. Fun stuff. I was also very impressed with Livan for taking a shutout to the ninth and completing the game.


Bottom third: Who put the fear of God into Mike Lamb lately?

The best way to catch a knuckleball is to wait until the ball stops rolling and then pick it up. ~Bob Uecker

Ok, so how many times did Morgan-n-Miller say the word "knuckleball" tonight?


Thursday's game: I actually caught part of that game on a lunch break. But it was a big yawner.


Bottom fourth: *snicker* Big Papi was goofing around when they were interviewing Francona. In fact, he was way more interesting than Francona.


Notes to the Injured:

Dear Pat-Pat, I wish I could take it away from you so you can get better. Rehab well and come back next year better than ever.

Dear Nicky, Get better quick.


Friday's game: Wow. A come-from-behind win and Lammers is the hero. Way to go!


Bottom seventh: Hello again Mr. Monroe!

What's up with Mike Timlin's camouflage glove?


Top ninth: Dear Nathanator, That was waaaaaay too interesting for my liking. But you managed to do the job, so thanks.


And finally, one thing I learned about Vancouver that surprised me: I expected hockey to be very popular. They're still following the Stanley Cup playoffs closely even though their team is out of it. Between hockey games, they do follow baseball. I figured that since Vancouver is so close to Seattle, they'd follow the Mariners. Nope. They follow the Blue Jays, even though they're three time zones away. I guess all of Canada follows Canada's only team, eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! The end of the game last night was just something...thank goodness for Craig Monroe's 2nd home run. I think it made all the difference...

**Becca**