Sunday, April 12, 2009

Catching Up on My E-mails

After spending Easter with my family, I decided to catch up on my e-mails. Since it was a busy holiday weekend, I'll have to back-date some of them.

~~~~

Date: Friday, April 10, 2009
To: RADickey@mntwins.com
From: kbro@kbrobaseball.com
Subj: Sox (and Socks)

R.A.,
Admirable work, especially in that wind. It was a little un-pretty at times, but you wiggled yourself out of some jams. I hope you can stay on the team when Scotty gets back.

Oh, I love the high socks.

~~~~

Date: Friday, April 10, 2009
To: JMorales@mntwins.com
From: kbro@kbrobaseball.com
Subj: Catching the Knuckleballer

Jose,
Nice work. You did way better than I thought you would. Next time I see you, remind me to give you a pat on the back.

~~~~

Date: Friday, April 10, 2009
To: JCrede@mntwins.com
From: kbro@kbrobaseball.com
Subj: Your Homerun

Joe,
Thanks for remembering which team you play for now.

~~~~

Date: Friday, April 10, 2009
To: PABooth@uscellularfield.com
From: kbro@kbrobaseball.com
Subj: Joe Crede's "Walk Up" Music

Air Supply and Patrick Swayze? That was pretty funny.

~~~~

Date: Friday, April 10, 2009
To: ACasilla@mntwins.com; MCuddyer@mntwins.com; CGomez@mntwins.com
From: kbro@kbrobaseball.com
Subj: Your Cute Turtle Neck Hoody UnderArmour Things

Adorable! I'm sorry you were so cold, but you did look pretty cute.

~~~~

Date: Friday, April 10, 2009
To: batters@mntwins.com
From: kbro@kbrobaseball.com
Subj: Lots of Runs

I love lots of runs. I think all baseball fans love lots of runs from their home boys. But I fear you may have used them all up for the weekend. I worry that you may need them for Saturday and Sunday. I wish there were such a thing as a "Run Bank."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: Saturday, April 11, 2009
To: FLiriano@mntwins.com
From: kbro@kbrobaseball.com
Subj: Strike Zone

Franchise,
Dude! Walking in two runs in an inning is not a good thing. Everyone would prefer it if you pitched for strikes instead of pitching for power. Please work on that.

~~~~

Date: Saturday, April 11, 2009
To: BColon@chiwhitesox.com
From: kbro@kbrobaseball.com
Subj: Your Pitching Performance

Bartolo,
You looked great. But I'm afraid that had little to do with you. It seems that the Twins batters simply made you look good. Don't get used to it; it won't happen again.

~~~~

Date: Saturday, April 11, 2009
To: batters@mntwins.com
From: kbro@kbrobaseball.com
Subj: Runs

Guys,
Remember what I said yesterday about banking runs? Today would have been a good time to use some of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Side note: I was not allowed to watch the Twins game on Sunday. I was told "There are 150-something Twins games left this season; there's only one Masters." Fair enough.

Date: Sunday, April 12, 2009
To: PMickelson@masters.com
From: kbro@kbrobaseball.com
Subj: Your Putting

Phil,
I really wish you were better at putting. I do enjoy watching golf from time to time, but I can't say that I'm really a fan of yours. However, none of that really matters. What matters is that I had an exhausting weekend, and I was taking a little snooze on the couch while the whole fam was watching the Masters. I don't get many chances to snooze, so when I do, it's precious. So, I was snoozing, and the family was watching, and you were golfing, and then you missed that stupid putt by this >-< much. Now, normally that wouldn't bother me. Except the entire family let out a collective OOHHH really loud, thereby waking me up and scaring the crap out of me. If you would've made that putt, everyone probaly would've nodded or muttered gently, which would've allowed me to sleep. Try to be more considerate next time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recap:
Friday: Twins 12 - Evil Ugly White Sox 5
Saturday: Twins 0 - EUWS 8
Sunday: Twins 1 - EUWS 6

No comments: