Sunday, December 9, 2007

December Randomness

There hasn't been much going on in the baseball world - a dramatic change from last week when I was consumed with Johan-trade speculation.

In fact, the only baseball-related thing going on in my life is something I can't talk about because it has to do with a Christmas gift I bought for someone who might read this. And even that's a stretch.

So, here are some random, non-baseball things:

  • I watched "Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas" earlier this evening. That has to be one of my favorite Christmas specials - "Charlie Brown's Christmas" is the very best one.

  • I think the Bud Light "Dude" commercials are really funny - and that's not like me.

  • If you're in a public place, a really effective way to get your teenager to stop sassing, pouting, arguing, complaining, etc., is to threaten to sing really loud. And if threatening doesn't work - then do it. I saw this in action at Target - Mom starting singing, "You better watch out..." at the top of her lungs, and her daughter straightened right out. Funny.

  • Why does every other commercial during the holidays have to feature "Carol of the Bells"? Way to ruin a perfectly good song.

  • Which is going to happen first: Dolphins win or Patriots lose?

Oh, and one baseball-related tidbit - BatGirl's second blog entry in less than a month. Good stuff.

No comments: