Thursday, June 26, 2008

It's a Sweep Hat Trick!

Tuesday: Twins 3 - Padres 1
Wednesday: Twins 9 - Padres 3
Thursday: Twins 4 - Padres 3

Twins sweep another series in 3
(I'm curious, have they ever swept three series in a row before? I'm too lazy to look it up.)

Well, aren't we just having fun! The pitchers are pitching super. Batters are hitting great. Our defense is solid. Guys are picking each other up. We're beating good pitchers. I can't stop beaming. Yay!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The big talking point about this series before it started was how Petco Park is hard to hit homers in (I know that was a poorly formed sentence, but I don't care because I'm still beaming). So it was a blast (no pun intended, or maybe it is) to see Harris, Buscher, Monroe, and Morneau hitting some. Especially Brendan -- where did he get all that power all of a sudden?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who knew?: The Twins are leading the American League in batting with runners in scoring position and in batting with runners in scoring position with two outs. Seriously. And here I thought they were still leaving men on base all over the place. But it's true -- you can look it up here and here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you see the "Go Sit In The Corner" corner? Usually, I'm a pretty optimistic person, and I rarely criticize. However, once in a while, I feel a little snarky and want to give someone a time-out for bad behavior. I got the idea in my last post when I scolded Delmon Young. Sometimes you just have to tell it like it is.

No comments: