Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Very Good, Amazing, Wonderful Weekend

Recap:
Friday -- Twins 4 - White Sox 3
Saturday -- Twins 2  - White Sox 1
Sunday -- Twins 4 - White Sox 5

Twins take series 2-1

So, it's always nice to take a series from a division rival. It would have been nice to get to Mark Buehrle and beat him, but alas, it wouldn't be. And yes, I'm still steamed at third-base coach Scott Ullger. I mean, I know you play to win on the road, but seriously? The shortstop had the ball when Ullger sent Hardy. ::shaking my head::

But anyway, it was a great weekend. Actually, it was better than great; it was fantastic!

Saturday
Apparently, when I go out to bars, I go all out...once again, two really fun Twins-themed parties in one day.

First, for the game, I attended the TwinsCentric viewing party at Major's in Blaine, hosted by Nick Nelson (Nick's Twins Blog), Parker Hageman (Over the Baggy), John Bonnes (Twins Geek), and Seth Stohs (Sethspeaks.net). As before, it was a ton a fun to chat about baseball, the Twins, and blogging. It was even more fun that the Twins won (imagine what happened when a barfull of more-avid-than-average Twins fans watched Kubes smash that homer).

I hesitate to name drop, because I know I'll forget someone, because that's what it is to be me. But I'll try. If I forgot someone, please gently remind me.
It was a great time visiting with all those great fans. I just love these events.

Oh, and yes, I brought those brownies. And again, they were a hit, but never again! Oh, I don't even want to get into it...sticky, me covered in chocolate, swearing, frightening my son, running late, more sticky, more chocolate, more swearing, etc.

And Then...
I headed over to Rock Bottom Brewery downtown to watch the Biggest Twins Fan competition. John from Twins MVB was a finalist, and Jen (Lipgloss and Baseball) and Sarah (Oh, It's THOSE Girls) were live-tweeting the event. I'm a little bummed that I arrived too late to see TC Bear, but it was great. Click on Sarah's link to see her awesome report with pictures.

The contest was a hoot. The four contestants had to complete 9-innings worth of trivia, stunts, and crazy math problems. Rock Bottom did a nice job hosting the event.

Friday 
(Ok, I know I'm doing this in reverse order, but this one's the best part.) On Friday evening, my husband surprised me with tickets for ... get this ... OPENING FREAKING DAY!!! He doesn't even want to go -- well he wouldn't mind going, but someone needs to give the kids rides to and from practices, and he's willing to do that while I go. So I'm bringing my mom. This is amazing! There's no way I'm going to be able to sleep tonight. I'm so excited, I can barely stand to be in the same room as myself!

1 comment:

CapitalBabs said...

so glad you had such a great time!! I did too - it was great to meet up with so many great Twins fans. You know you are a serious fanatic when you spend the whole weekend with baseball activities and you STILL want to go to the game on OPENING DAY!!!

*still jealous*