Sunday, April 18, 2010

Royals at Twins - Bits and Pieces

Recap:
Friday -- Royals 3 - Twins 10
Saturday -- Royals 5 - Twins 6
Sunday -- Royals 10 - Twins 5

Twins take series 2-1

~~~

So, it's been a crazy, but good, weekend. Between helping one kid get ready for prom, helping the other get ready for baseball try-outs, and preparing for dinner guests, plus all the regular weekend stuff like tidying up, laundry, groceries, etc., I've hardly had time to think, let alone watch baseball.

But I was able to catch bits and pieces of the games. So here is my blog post, in bits and pieces:

  • Friday's game was a ton of fun
  • Sunday's game was a ton of bricks
  • Saturday's game just seemed dragging and difficult
  • Like I'd really know for sure; I probably watched all of 7 pitches of Saturday's game
  • It's a good thing Joe Mauer got a nice contract; he needs to add another room to his house for all the trophies 
  • He received the Kenesaw Mountain Landis Memorial Award (the real name of the MVP award) 
  • He received the American League Batting Title Award
  • He received the Louisville Slugger® Silver Slugger Award
  • He received the Rawlings® Gold Glove Award
  • It was weird to see Greinke struggle
  • It was frustrating to see Pavano struggle
  • Yeah, I didn't really like to see Crain struggle either
  • Or Blackburn
  • Off day tomorrow, so all the pitchers can relax and get back into the groove
  • I like Greinke, so it's ok if he's in a groove as long as he isn't facing the Twins
  • I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I'm not a fan of leaving a million men on base
  • Like leaving men on base is like the constant like teenage girl like upspeak of baseball
  • The Twins took their first four series of the season
  • That's something they've never done before
  • I like that
  • I want them to keep it up
  • So did you hear about Ubaldo Jimenez? 
  • Jimenez pitched the first no-hitter in Rockies' history
  • Very cool
  • Did you hear about Saturday's Mets-Cardinals game? 
  • Mets won
  • It took 20 innings
  • It was a pitchers' duel
  • Scoreless for the first 19 innings
  • The Cardinals had to get creative with their pitchers
  • Infielder Felipe Lopez pitched the 18th
  • Outfielder/thirdbaseman Joe Mather pitched the 19th and 20th
  • Mather also took the loss
  • Pitcher Kyle Lohse (remember him?) played left field for three innings
  • Catcher Yadier Molina caught all 20 innings
  • Catcher Yadier Molina is catching Sunday night
  • The Mets and Cardinals are, at this moment, tied in the 7th
That's all I got.

No comments: