Twins 0 - Jays 9
Jays sweep in 3, and the season series in 6
I blame myself for this mess. You see, I have these ratty old Twins jammies. I've learned over the years that if I don't wear those jammies on Sunday nights, the Twins have a bad week. On weeks when I failed to wear them that Sunday, the following bad things happened:
- Corey Koskie signed with the Blue Jays (I was on a flight home from Germany)
- All of 2005 (thinking they were getting too ratty to wear anymore, I failed to believe the their powers)
- Francisco Liriano blew his elbow (too busy to do laundry on that Sunday)
- Torii signed with the Angels (again with the too busy to do laundry thing)
- This week (I failed to properly plan for the Labor Day weekend at the lake)
Who can argue with results like this? When I realized that I may have messed up this week, I tried reasoning that because the Twins had Monday off, it would be ok. Apparently I was wrong. And, because it's a weekly thing, I can't make amends until this coming Sunday night.
I don't know what to do. About three weeks ago, I thought I would be ok settling for the "well, at least they did way better than I thought they would" attitude. I was wrong.
I Want The Division Championship, Dammit!