Monday, September 22, 2008

Mmmm...Cake

Today my favorite non-baseball blog, Cake Wrecks, and baseball converged to create this hilarious entry: Why We Need More Male Cake Decorators.

Besides the obvious, it is just soooooo wrong on so many levels. First of all, speaking as a frosting lover (more so than a cake lover), that much green frosting is just gross. It looks more like Easter basket grass than baseball field grass. Imagine what everyone's lips and teeth are going to look like after eating it. I also love how there's a baby-blue colored Yankees logo behind (presumably -- it's hard to tell) home plate (it's a little hard to see, but it's there). And, as the blog author points out, the red stripe around and the doily underneath are just wrong, I tell you, wrong.

Now there are plenty of sports that I don't like or know too much about (*ahem*-NBA-*ahem*), but if I were making a cake of one of those sports, I'd be sure to look at a picture or something to make sure I got it right. In fact, if I were making a baseball field cake, I'd still look at a picture just to be sure. But I'm willing to bet that a vast majority of people, fans and non-fans alike, would be able to draw a somewhat accurate diagram of a baseball field without looking at a picture.

It's truly sad that there are folks out there who are so completely clueless about the great game of baseball. Sad, indeed. They should start a support group or something.

3 comments:

S.Rail said...

Wow! This is the first time I've seen your new banner. It looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

so.. the cake looks like a cross if you ask me... What terrible green that is.. Yuck!
What is with the candycane striping on the bottom too.. What a sad excuse for a cake. I would personally make a Hockey Rink Cake If I were to do one but I would go off of a picture.. not memory!
GDuch

k-bro said...

Thanks s.rail! I'm glad it turned out. Those letters were a PITA to make, but they were worth it.

Hey GDuch, thanks for stopping by. If you happen to make that Hockey Rink cake, like to celebrate the start of the Wild season or something, be sure to bring me some. ;-)