There are a few new faces on the Minnesota Twins roster. The season is starting soon, and I thought I'd introduce them to you. If you haven't had a chance to see any Spring Training games, you probably won't know who you're looking at when you're watching on Opening Day. Back in the day, the Twins had a "Get To Know 'Em" ad campaign, but I'm sure that phrase is all trademarked and stuff, and I'd get in a whole heap of trouble if I used it, and I've been pretty busy lately, and the last thing I need is a whole bunch of "cease and desist" emails and phone calls, even though my tiny little blog isn't likely to dilute their precious trademark or anything, but whatever, so I present to you...
Wait Now...Who's This?
Kevin CorreiaStarting Pitcher
What he looks like:
Where did he come from:
Signed as a free agent. Pitched for the Pittsburgh Pirates two last seasons.
A few things to get excited about:
- He doesn't have a history of injuries
- Terry Ryan says he is a "good makeup guy" (no word on whether he refers to personality or Avon)
- He has potential to eat a lot of innings
- He's a family man; his wife just had their third son this spring
A few things to temper your enthusiasm
- Not one optimistic word has been written about him by either local or national press
- There's no evidence that he has a personality or sense of humor
- He'll probably have a beefy ERA
- He wasn't an awesome pitcher in the National League, so he may struggle with American League batters