Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ms Muse, Please Report to the Third Floor


O Muses, O high genius, aid me now!
O memory that engraved the things I saw,
Here shall your worth be manifest to all!
~Daunte; The Inferno, Canto II
So, my business card says I'm a writer, I author two blogs, and I like to keep my Twitter and Facebook updated...and I can't think of anything to write for any of it. I got nothin'. I feel like the "create" application has been uninstalled from my brain.

No wonder the classical authors respected the Muses. Can you imagine being in the middle of your epic and, all of a sudden, poof!, it's gone.

I tried looking back to my posts from a year ago for inspiration. That's about the time I made my awesome baseball-bead flip-flops. Maybe if I try to do a craft project, that'll get my creative juices flowing. Except ... I ... Can't ... Think ... Of ... Anything.

Maybe it's the weather. Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the nice weather. It's just that I watch the mounds of snow give way to brown grass and mounds of sand and garbage. And I just know that my so-called seasonal allergies are primed to pounce any moment. No wonder T.S. Eliot was such a Danny Downer.

So, since I lack the ability to come up with any original thoughts on my own, I'll just knock off a few random bullet points. I've done it before; I'm not too proud to do it again.

  • No news on the Joe Mauer Sacroiliac Watch. It's hard to tell if that's good news or bad news. Either the docs didn't find out anything they didn't already know, they're stumped, or it's something serious. Can we please just get this taken care of, please? xxcrossing fingersxx
  • I saw that Lew Ford signed a minor league contract with the Rockies. Honestly, I figured Lew was out of baseball. I guess he's giving it another go. Go Lew, go.
  • I'm so over March Madness. I know it hasn't even started, but I'm already bored with the whole thing.
  • What's up with the more winning than losing of spring training games lately? I know, it's only spring training, and the games don't count, but that doesn't mean the boys shouldn't try to win.
  • Kris Atteberry has been filling in for John Gordon or Dan Gladden on the radio the last couple of days. He's very good. In fact, I kind of hate to admit it, but I kind of like him better than Dazzle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry 'bout the writer's block. How annoying! Your muse will return, I'm sure of it.

English Muse said...

i'm ms. muse!! visit my blog for inspiration!
http://ms-muse.blogspot.com/