Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hello and Ha Ha

In keeping with recent tradition, the Twins have signed an aging, possibly washed-up pitcher I know nothing about. I looked at his numbers briefly, and it seems to my untrained eye that he's no better than the relief pitchers we already have. But, if he can help keep the bullpen effective and healthy, then I'm all for it.

Welcome to Minnesota Luis Ayala. Let's take a look at the most important thing...his looks:


Photo by User Chrisjnelson on en.wikipedia

Hmm...not bad; not bad at all. Ok, I guess I'll cautiously approve.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This cartoon made me laugh my head off...however it might be a tad risque for some. So, to my niece, nephew, and mom, just keep reading. The rest of you, however, enjoy.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/base_system.png

A big hat tip to my Twitter friend cmroy for the laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Bad Grammar (or Spelling) and Baseball Collide...Part II

My daily web surfing stops includes Ben Mahler's Rumor Page through FOXSports.com. They compile rumors and other newsy things from around the country, and it's kind of fun to see what other papers are saying. But they had kind of a rough week. And it made me snicker.

A selection from Tuesday:


[When I first saw this, I thought they were saying something like "them there chances" or something similarly stupid.]

And from Wednesday:


[Big League's what?]

And from Thursday:


[Comerback? Is that like a come-backer?]

Now I realize that Mr. Mahler and FOXSports just hire some intern to write the HTML and post the links. But, since this is supposed to be a professional website, I think they can do better.

That's all for now. I'm going to proofread this now to make sure I don't have any mistakes. ;-)

No comments: