Saturday, August 13, 2011

DL Report: Jason Repko...Whatever

Ok, I should have done this yesterday, but I was busy until after the game, and then by then, I was so pissy, I kind of forgot. Besides, it seems kind of shady, so waiting a day isn't a big deal.


The Twins have placed Jason Repko on the 15-day DL, retroactive to August 11th, with left shoulder bursitis. This announcement completely came out of nowhere. However, he's a bench player, so it's not like he missed any starts that we could notice. He could have been in agony for days, and we were totally oblivious to it.

Bursitis is inflammation of the fluid-filled (bursa) sac that's between tendons and bone.

I think one of the 57 beat writers I follow on Twitter said something about that Repko had and MRI, and that's when they found the bursitis. I'm pretty sure if they did an MRI on me, or you even, they'd find bursitis. I just find it rather convenient that he suddenly is hurt right when Justin Morneau is ready to be activated. I'm not sayin'...I'm just sayin'. It sounds like someone didn't want to be sent to AAA.

~~~

Other Updates:

Friday marked the triumphant return of Justin Morneau. Ok, "triumphant" may be a smidge strong -- he went 0 for 4, but it's sure swell to have him back with the team. He swaps spots on the roster with Repko.

Alexi Casilla was also activated on Friday. Trevor Plouffe was optioned to AAA Rochester to make room.

Also Watching:

Gardy was quite excited to finally write up the opening day lineup on Friday's lineup card, but, alas, it was not to be. Michael Cuddyer felt a pop in his neck during batting practice. Reportedly on his last swing of the session. Because that's how things roll with this year's Twins. Everyone is hoping that it's minor and he'll be ok after a day or two off.

Also under the "that's how things roll with this year's Twins" category, Casilla tweaked his hamstring -- yeah, the same hamstring that supposedly just healed -- in the seventh inning of Friday's game -- yeah, the same game that he was just activated for. So, yeah....

No comments: