Usually my MO is to procrastinate, but that won't work here. If we want a confetti parade come November, we have to lay down the law now. Who cares that we haven't even reached the All Star break yet?
- They gave us a Series victory in the 80s and one in the 90s. They can't be allowed to skip a decade. We need a World Series victory in the ZeroZeros.
- Torii and Johan have to realize that the grass ain't always greener on the other side.
- Imagine if he got a World Series ring. I think that would be a great way to guarantee that Joe Mauer would be a Twin For Life.
- It is well past time to break up this East Coast death grip on sports championships. Especially the state of Pennsylvania's. Seriously...a World Series, a Superbowl, and a Stanley Cup championship all in 8 months' time? Enough!
- It would be all kinds of fun to drive my husband nuts. I talk baseball so much that I'm sure half the time he just hears, "Blah blah blah." If the Twins won the World Series, I could talk baseball all winter long. Usually he gets a break between the World Series and spring training.
- The Twins have the kewlest blogosphere in all of baseball. If they won, we'd inundate the 'Net to the point that it would probably explode.
- They owe us some big playoff victories after the way they broke our poor hearts in 2004 and 2006.
- They have to send the Dome out in style. Many of us have scant, if any, memories of the old Metropolitan Stadium.
- It would kick ass to go to Twins Fest in January '10 and get our pictures taken with the World Series MVP, whoever it happened to be.
- Think of how completely excellent it would be to go to the 7th game of the Series and watch an extra innings walk-off win. It's the Twins, after all. Nothing is ever easy.
I think those are some pretty dang compelling reasons the Twins owe us a World Series title in '09. We should start shredding newspapers for confetti now.