Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Few Things

Brad Radke was my boyfriend -- my first baseball love. And now he's in the Twins Hall of Fame. I'm so proud. And I miss him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jason Kubel avoided arbitration and signed a brand new 2-year contract. Good for him. I guess. I mean, I'm glad he's on the team and all, but I just can't love him. I don't know why. Maybe it's because he reminds me of Dr. Alex Karev from Grey's Anatomy. His character is such an ass on that show. They have the same cocky smirk, so I guess I make the association, unfair as it may be. Sorry Jason.

Photo from FOX Sports


Photo from www.greysanatomyinsider.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Seth Everett on XM MLB Radio said something about new stadiums hosting "Flush Offs" during construction. They invite construction workers and their families, members of the media, and other folks they can round up to go in the various restrooms and activate the sinks, toilets, and urinals all at the same time to make sure the plumbing and sewers can handle the demand. He said that they make a big party of it, playing music over the public address, and making a spectacle of counting down to the flushing moment.

I have one question: how do I get in on this? I totally want to be part of Target Field's inaugural flushing.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Yay! I heart Bradke.