Sunday, June 29, 2008

Finishing Interleague

Saturday: Twins 1 - Brewers 5
Sunday: Twins 5 - Brewers ZIP

Twins win series 2 - 1


"Can't Win Them All":
Yeah, that's what hubby told me a number of times Saturday night. In fact, he said it every time I yelled or swore at the TV. Turns out he said it a lot. Oh well, he's right. I don't know why I was so upset as I was watching it; I knew we were going lose even before the game started. I don't know what it was -- because Livan was starting, because Alexi and Cuddy were injured, because winning the 11th (a prime number) in a row on the last Saturday in June when the moon is waning is generally bad carma -- but I felt the loss before it happened. I don't know why I even bothered to watch, but I didn't really have anything better to do. Fortunately, I didn't have that same feeling prior to Sunday's game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cuddyer on DL with Another Injured Finger:
What? When did that happen? How did that happen? I want answers!

me: Cuddy honey, how did you hurt your finger?
Cuddy: I'm not sure.
me: Really? You really don't know? How do you not know?
Cuddy: Really. I don't know how I don't know. I just don't know.
me: Surely, you can't be serious.
Cuddy: I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

(Ok, sorry. That was lame. I couldn't resist.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who Da Man?



Kevin Slowey, You Da Man!! Stellar pitching is sexy. Complete game shutouts are very sexy. Hee hee. Thanks for the thrill.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe the Twins Should Always Play the National League:
So the Twins finished interleague play with a 14 - 4 record. According to Dick-n-Bert, that's the best interleauge record. At least I think that's what they said. I just spent the last half-hour trying to find a source, but I couldn't find one (for the "best" part, I did find the "14-4" part). I'm sure by morning, someone will mention it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Early and Often:
Ok, I don't usually participate in All Star Game voting. It usually seems like only Yankees and Red Sox players get voted in, regardless of how good they actually are. It's all very tiresome. However, this year, it looks like Joey and Justin actually have a chance to be voted in. That would be cool. In fact, Joey is leading catchers, but Justin needs a little help to pull into the lead. So vote.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Someone Make Up a Caption for This Picture:

No comments: