Tuesday, November 2, 2010

So That's It?

Congratulations to the San Francisco Giants for winning the World Series. They really played well, and their pitching was outstanding. Tim Lincecum and Madison Bumgarner were tons of fun to watch.

Oh, and a nice pat on the back goes out the the Texas Rangers. They had a great season and they should be proud.

But now what? I miss baseball. I am currently watching a replay of the Twins game the one time they beat the Yankees. It's nice, but it's not the same -- I know how it ends; baseball isn't as much fun without drama.

So, to keep me occupied in these dark months, I'll read and watch TV. Oh, and I've taken up crocheting -- I'm working on a beautiful (read: ordinary) scarf for myself (because I don't really know how to do anything else). And I'll wait.

But that's ok. If I had baseball all the time, I'd probably wouldn't appreciate it as much.

So, in the meantime, I have this:



I attempted to make a sweatshirt with this graphic. My iron was too hot and the transfer burned, melted, and smeared. Story of my life, I can't even complain right.

1 comment:

margo said...

Do not despair...The offseason can be very productive.
A lot can be accomplished in 101 days (countdown to when pitchers and catchers report). Here are a few suggestions:

The Conference of Catholic Bishops plans to bring peace to Sudan with 101 days of prayer.

Doug and Annie Brown of Denver improved their marriage by...umm...having sex every day for 101 days (and they still had enough energy to write a book about it).

There must be at least 101 recipe variations for brownies...get busy!