Monday, May 10, 2010

A Few Off-Day Notes

Delmon Young Day
 
The genius behind Nick Punto DayAndrew Kneeland, has declared May 12 to be Delmon Young day. So, look forward to that. If you're a blogger, get writing. If you're a reader, be prepared for a day of Delmonpalooza. (Although, you'd think he'd say something on Twitter reminding everyone or something...)
~~~

TwinsCentric Party
 
Be sure to set aside Saturday, May 15 for another TwinsCentric Viewing party, this time at Major's in Bloomington.

Here's the info.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to go (unless my plans change, but I doubt they will). But you should go because they're always a good time.

~~~

On a personal note...

A great co-worker and friend of mine, Tim, passed away recently. He was a great Twins fan and always knew just the right thing to say to start terrific baseball conversations. He was a friend and supporter of this blog in its early days. He also nobly attempted to help me with my golf stroke -- a losing endeavor to be sure as I'm a natural-born golf-hack (plus it didn't help that he was left-handed and I'm right-handed). He was probably the most mannerly person I knew, but I he also had a tremendous sense of humor. I'll miss him greatly. My prayers go to his family, whom I know he loved very much -- I could always hear the pride in his voice whenever he spoke of them.

No comments: