Saturday, July 23, 2011

DL Report (Belated): Scott Baker

I knew it. I knew the minute I announced that I was on vacation, someone would need to go on the DL. I'm back now, but it's kind of too late, because he's already been activated. However, every guy who hits the DL deserves a paper doll, regardless of my timing.

On July 17, the Twins placed Scott Baker on the DL, retroactive to July 7, with a right flexor strain. This was pretty much a paperwork move so that he could rest it one more start and the team could call up another pitcher for a spot start.

The flexor is the tendon that allows the elbow and wrist to bend.

Scott Diamond, who started in Monday evening's game, was called up to take his spot. The Twins also sent down Matt Tolbert to make room for Chuck James for additional pitching help.

Baker was activated Saturday, and pitched five good innings. Because pitching has been such a problem lately, the Twins felt like they needed to keep James around, so they were forced to send Luke Hughes down to make room.

~~~

Other transactions:


Jason Kubel was activated Friday from his ankle injury. Scott Diamond was sent down to make room.

Kevin Slowey was activated from the DL from his oblique injury and was reassigned to AAA Rochester.

~~~

I'll have a report sometime later on all the baseball I saw while I was on vacation. Right now, I have piles of laundry to do.

No comments: