Thursday, March 31, 2011

Welcome Back, Baseball!

Oh, hello boys. It's so nice to see you again. It's been a while.

Oh, how I've missed watching you and your bloops, blasts, frozen ropes, seeing eyes, and dying quails. I've missed your sliders, changes, fireballs, and uncle Charlies.

I'm happy to see you take the mound, cover the gap, protect the line, turn two, and cover the bag. I'm happy to see you step in, protect the plate, work the count, beat the shift, hit and run, lay one down, and beat it out.

It's great when you don't miss it, get all of it, and put good wood on it (even if I hate that phrase). It's great when you set down the side, get them looking, and fool them.

I love your quality starts, holds, and saves. I love your squeeze plays, three-baggers, sacrifices, and taters. I love your rundowns, cannon shots, and web gems.

So, now that you're back at the ballpark, and back on my TV, I sincerely say "Welcome back; I've missed you; it's been a long winter."

No comments: