Thursday, May 17, 2012

Blackburn or Doumit, Tigers Series Recap, and Other Notes

I know it was another short series, and I know the wins weren't pretty, but it still counts as a series sweep, so I'm breaking out the broom, mostly because there's a real chance that I won't be able to break it out any more the rest of the season.

Some notes from the series:
  • Hits. Hits. Hits.
  • Taking advantage of errors.
  • Who's this Trevor Plouffe? I like this Trevor Plouffe. To be clear, I like this homerun-hitting Trevor Plouffe.
  • Brian Dozier keeps flirting. I think I have a crush on him.
  • I think the entire bullpen is flirting with me.
~~~
After Wednesday's game, the Twins announced that Ryan Doumit was going on the DL with a right calf strain. They also mentioned that Nick Blackburn was hurting as well. They called up OF Ben Revere to take the roster spot.

Wednesday morning, Doumit had an MRI and it revealed that the strain wasn't serious. So, because Ben was already on his way, the Twins decided to place Blackburn on the DL instead.

The Twins have placed RHP Nick Blackburn on the 15-day DL with a left quad strain.

Blackburn reported a stabbing pain in his leg in his last two starts. His performance during those starts proves the point.

It's unclear who will be used to start in his place. They can skip his next scheduled start because Monday is an off day.

I just hope that Doumit's "mild" strain is really just that and the Twins don't have to put him on the DL in eight days.

Other injury updates:
Denard Span sat out both games of the series with a tight hamstring.

Matt Capps was unavailable Wednesday due to a sore arm. He pitched on Thursday, and he was fine.

~~~
Tweets of the series
On Thursday, Glen Perkins came in to the eighth inning with a one-run lead and served up two walks before snapping out of it and getting Prince Fielder to strike out and Delmon Young to hit into a double play. Whew.

After the game, he tweeted:

Heh.

Even funnier was Brian Duensing's reply:

And funnier still was Matt Capps's addition:


How mature.

No comments: